On a hot summer day, what’s more refreshing than a minty mojito? That last thing to cross your mind is a coffee, but after a satisfying backyard BBQ feast of grilled ribs, wings, and steak, reaching for that hot espresso might not be the best thirst quencher for the job.
That’s why we decided to create a unique twist (no pun intended) on the classic cocktail by adding a sweet caffeinated kick of cold brew. Cool off with a tasty beverage that will chill you out and pick you up at the same time.
Find this recipe and more in the Arctic Cold Brew Recipe Book!
Introducing the Cold Brew Mojito
The Mojito is a classic cocktail that offers a crisp hint of mint. Using Arctic cold brew to make coffee ice cubes, you’ll add a new layer of flavor to an already refreshing drink.
- 8 oz (240 mL) Arctic Cold Brew
- 1 oz (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz (45 mL) white rum
- 2 oz (60 mL) Soda water
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 sugar cubes (6 g)
- Pour the cold brew into an ice cube tray and freeze to make cold brew ice cubes .The smaller the ice cubes, the better.
- Combine the lime juice, sugar and mint into a glass. Muddle the lime juice with the sugar and mint.
- Fill the glass ⅔ with cold brew ice cubes.
- Pour the white rum over the ice and top off with club soda.
- Gently stir the drink to mix the ingredients.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
Give this a try and let us know what you think - we have a feeling this is one you’ll want to share with your friends!
Like this recipe? Find this recipe and more unique drinks, hot beverages, desserts and meals in our Cold Brew Recipe Book.
ICOSA Brewhouse team